Project FPTD

Belnazaar

• 1 month later...

Long time no see :D

After a long time of no updates I've decided to let you know whats going on with the project.

Our modeler's laziness was triumphant again so (yeah you guessed it) he decided to abandon ship. With that said I'll be glad to receive any modeling help I can get (i.e. modeler wanted).

Now for the good news. I've been working on both eye candy and mechanics so the next version will be considerably beefed up:

1. Key binding

It is finally done! Now you can customize the controls to your liking, also people with non-qwerty keyboards will have less hassle playing FPTD.

Screenshot042.jpg

2. Hellmaker tower

Heavy duty stuff. Think of Howitzer with 1s fire rate. Ouch!

Screenshot046.jpg

3. Blood & Decals

Our crazed friends now drip blood all over the place. Time between particle & decal spawn is limited, since we don't want a bloody lag fest don't we?

Screenshot050.jpg

4. Sound improvements

Player footsteps have been added, different ones for each type of terrain you're walking on. Also animals have pain sounds which are time limited.

5. Hit boxes

Hit box system has been implemented so headshots now deal more damage, while buttshots deal less. This also allows us to make animals which will have only certain vulnerable spots. "Aim for the head" tower upgrade comes in mind now

6. Various improvements & bug fixes

Code rewriting is taking place so many classes are now cleaner, faster and have less buggy behavior. Events are more logical and better exposed in the editors now (custom maps *wink wink nudge nudge*). Hopefully this rewrite will kill that memory leak from v0.2.

7. Tutorial map is on its way

Help and suggestions are always welcome!

Regards,

Hell Entertainment

• 1 month later...

Super izgleda. Jedina zamerka bi bila da je mozda specular na ruci i puski malo prejak i nepravilno rasporedjen. Inace svaka cast. Samo napred :)

Edited by SiCkMiNd
Plz, nemoj citirati poruku odmah iznad, posebno ako ima tolike slike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ziv sam, uradih novi feature - tactics.

U kratkim crtama omogucio sam da se promeni sistem targetovanja kripova. Imamo primarnu i sekundarnu taktiku - sekundarna se izvrsava ako primarna "pukne" (tipa nema usporenih kripova u blizini, gadjaj najblizeg). Takodje sekundarna taktika je zakljucana i moze se otkljucati preko upgrade-a, sa kojim u paketu idu jos par korisnih taktickih opcija.

U videu je sve receno :)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/project-fptd/...erview#imagebox

• 3 weeks later...

v0.3 Beta is out!

At long last v0.3 is out! Though only in beta stage it has some cool stuff to show off. In addition to features mentioned in the previous article v0.3 Beta includes some new features:

1. Unlocked FPS mode between waves & camera interpolation

From now on there are no mode restrictions, you can be in FPS and Strategy mode at any time, though buying from Strategy mode is only available between waves. Also camera interpolates between modes nicely and it also works for tower controlling and zooming (zooming interpolation was not implemented during the recording of this video).

2. Tower Tactics

This allows you to change the towers targeting system to your liking. You can easily optimize towers behavior and assign them with specific tasks (a gatling tower that drops everyone's health to half, leaving the rest of the job to cannon tower etc.). All is explained in this video:

3. Radar

I've implemented the radar which will show you all units of importance on the map. Of course it doesn't work like minimap so the units out of range are shown on the edge of radar. Useful for knowing where those annoying chickens ran off...

Screenshot053.png

4. Creeps with special abilities

You will not encounter much of them, in fact there is currently only two of them:

* Pig Tank - has the force field around him which reduces all damage by 40%.

* Rooster Shaman - has the heal field around him restoring 12hp each second.

5. Death & Hunters

Hunters are special type of creeps, infested with mutated viruses which are undetectable by towers, with only one goal: to kill you. They are excellent at drawing your attention from normal creeps, because if you die you are respawned after 10 seconds, and time is precious. They will continue to hunt you until they are dead. Oh yeah, your towers can hurt you too if you are not careful enough.

Screenshot054.png

Well that sums it up! There are still some thing to be added like: proper balancing, weapon upgrades, more special abilities for creeps, traps/mines, tutorial, bug fixing etc. but that can take some time so better to release some form of beta version than get dragged like Duke. I'm still working alone so modelling & sound help would be very appreciated.

You can download v0.3 Beta from here.

Due to engine software bug some dlls were not included so you can download the patch from here and here. Just extract it to the game folder.

I eagerly await your feedback

Cheers.

Cekam komentare, kritike i sugestije :)

P.S. Imajte obzira ovo je beta alfe :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Malo novosti:

It has been a long time and v0.3.5 is on its way. Because of the numerous changes made since v0.3 beta, I've decided to increase the version number. All that is left before release is balance. Balancing is a bit a thorn in the flesh, but I think I'll manage the release in the next 2 weeks. A promotional video will be out a day before release, but until then - the changelog:

- Weapon upgrades can now be bought at the shop.

- Trip mines added to the shop.

- Player can now heal at the shop.

- Full creep count is now displayed, instead of increasing it as creeps spawn.

- Bought weapons are no longer lost upon death.

- You can no longer jump off the map.

- Death penalty added. Death bounty increases each time you die by a small amount.

- Fixed blood particles & decals spawn time.

- New objects and effects on the map.

- New main menu. *

- Tweaked player jumping so it will feel more natural. *

- Added creep rotation interpolation. Creeps now rotate and change direction nicely. *

- New special abilities for creeps: tower stun & speed cry. *

- Beginning of the wave will no longer close the build panel while in strategy mode. *

- Strategy mode reworked. Movement and panel selection is performed like in a RTS. *

- Creep size reduced. Physics and pathfinding should be a little bit less buggy now. *

- More waves and balance improvements. *

- Changed the in-game font. *

Stay tuned!

P.S. * marks the changes made after private v0.3 pre release.

Jedino ono lisce sto pada sa drveta problem je sto je belo, ostalo je super. koliko niova ima? Jel ima jos neki ili samo ovaj 1? Ne mogu da igram lepo jer mi secka, kompjuter mi je jako star i slab. I kako se postavlja mina? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Izasao interview za domaci gaming sajt igroramu

http://www.igrorama.com/2011/09/project-fptd-interview.html

Nedavno smo isprobali razvojnu verziju igre ProjectFPTD, zanimljivog spoja akcione igre iz prvog lica i tower-defence strategije. Najzanimljivije svakako jeste to što je posredi domaći projekat. Danas razgovaramo sa autorom ovog ostvarenja, samostalnim programerom po imenu Filip Zemljak. Pročitajte članak i saznajte više o ovoj, ali i njegovim ranijim igrama, te problemima sa kojima se autori igara u Srbiji gotovo uvek sreću.