Dobrodošli, goste ( Prijava | Registracija )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Public Libraries Technology Interest Group

V
JensenBreck
poruka Sep 25 2017, 08:56
Poruka #1

Grupa: Članovi 1
Datum reg.: 11-September 17
Član broj: 56,324

Howard County started re-thinking their commitment to “traditional” computer software as Web-based technologies began emerging. It appeared to them that such a basic system should be cheaper and easier to secure. With the support of only 2 I.T. staff back then, the library began a slow evolution into Linux (first by implementing the Linux Firewalls and then moving into replacing servers as they aged or failed). Once this transformation was complete, they began looking at the desktop and determined that an Open Source solution would be much cheaper to maintain. Ultimately, they purchased Groovix which is a very inexpensive software that supports the Linux environment and secures it. This solution also includes the complete Open Office Suite that works seamlessly with Microsoft products. In the end, Howard County is using Groovix with both public AND staff computers.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References http://litablog.org/2007/01/public-librari...interest-group/

whiteboard animations
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-fi verzija Trenutno vreme: Thursday 23. November 2017 - 21:24

Sve informacije (poruke, teme i sl.) predstavljaju stavove samo njihovih autora.
Objavljivanje informacija sa sajta u nekomercijalne svrhe moguće je samo uz navođenje URL adrese diskusije.
Za sve druge vidove distribucije potrebno je imati izričitu dozvolu administratora Dizajn Zone i/ili autora poruka.
Autorska prava za sadržaj poruke zadržava njihov autor, osim ako nije drugačije naznačeno.